Free First Class Delivery on orders over £50, and £5 for orders under £50.Click here for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of business is Thomas Tosh?
Thomas Tosh is a business partnership which was formed in the spring of 2008. Our business is based in the village of Thornhill, Dumfriesshire, Scotland. Thomas Tosh began as a café, gallery and retailer, based in the old parish hall building in the village. In December 2009, it expanded into additional premises at 55 Drumlanrig Street in Thornhill.
In December 2011, the business was named Cultural Champion of the Year by Dumfries and Galloway Magazine. We host arts events from poetry readings to musical performances.
Thomas Tosh began retailing online in February 2012. We left the 55 Drumlanrig Street premises at the end of March 2013, with all business consolidated in the old parish hall. This May, Thomas Tosh celebrates five years of trading.
Who is Thomas Tosh?
Thomas Tosh was a fictional character created by the writer Joseph Laing Waugh, one of Thornhill's best-known residents. Waugh’s stories contained memorable characters such as Robbie Doo, Betty Grier and Luiffy the grocer who lived in Thornhill and nearby.
Where is my order despatched from?
Your order is sent from our base in Thornhill, Dumfriesshire. So we are able to track its progress and keep you informed.
Can I collect my order from Thomas Tosh?
Yes, and that way you don’t have to pay a delivery charge. Orders waiting delivery will be held at 19 East Morton Street, Thornhill, DG3 5LZ. Please bring proof of purchase with you.
What happens to my payment card details?
- We use a leading payment processer Sage Pay in the transactions you do via credit and debit card to help keep your details secure.
- You select the goods you wish to purchase from our website and enter your order and delivery details. Your payment card details are captured securely by Sage Pay.
- Our merchant bank sends the payment card details to your card issuer who authorises or declines the transaction.
- The merchant bank then sends the transaction results back to Sage Pay.
- Sage Pay sends the authorisation results to Thomas Tosh to confirm the results of the transaction.
How do I know what has happening to my order?
When your payment has been authorised, just login to your account at Thomas Tosh and select the "My order" section. This will show you what’s happening with your order, for example, that it’s being processed, or it has been shipped (sent) to you.
Thomas Tosh will send you an email with a weblink that you can click to take you to the log-in area. You will also receive emails telling you about the status of your order.